Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good Morning?

Is it just me, or does that damn alarm buzzer go off way too soon? Why can't sleep feel like watching a pot boil? Instead you drift off into peaceful rest, all cozied up with the duvet, the dog keeping your feet warm...only to wake up in what feels like 20 minutes or less at times. Today Carrie Bradshaw and the gang floated through my brain as my sex and the city ringtone woke me relentlessly despite my numerous attempts at pressing snooze on the tiny cell phone buttons....FRICK!!! I honestly felt like my eyes were glued shut, then to finally wake up to my stomping daughter, who must have my undivided attention immediately....while I stand legs twisted in the hope I don't pee myself. Once lunches are packed, with the same groggy disposition...I try again to wake Logan for the umpteenth time. That child!!! Once awake, my smiley, sweet morning bird is apparentely a thrashing, obviously perterbed monster....oh and the day has just begun. Cereal, juice, teeth brushing, bed head taming....then winter gear...backpacks on...and YES...out the door! Is it wrong that the only hour I get to see my lovely children in the morning before they leave isn't fast enough when they're demonic avengers? Well...I figure its best that the bus rolls away at approximately five minutes after eight, I wouldn't want to see the mayhem if it was any later.....Oh man...when does this choas finally end? But then that day will come, and I'll be kickin myself in the ass because i'm dying with empty nest syndrome....Just one nice quite morning....ahhh...I can dream right???

No comments:

Post a Comment