Saturday, March 27, 2010

Reality bites!!!

So what is reality really? I'm sure it's the description of one's own mind. What they believe is their reality. Can there be different types of reality for one person? I believe so. That's where the fairytale bs comes in. Apparently i'm living a fairytale. Well as far as my relationship goes. Yes we spend a lot of time together....too much for most couples I suppose....but we genuinly enjoy eachothers company....and feel like we're friends first. I think that counts for a lot....I've never had that before. With my 13 year marriage/relationship with my ex was as far from friendship as humanly possible. I'm sorry, but when you constantly feel like you're a burden or a pain in the ass with your own husband, I doubt you're gonna keep going in for battle. I wasn't going to anyway. Now, in my current relationship, I have a friendship....a solid one at that. We can chill without talking, or have convos about pretty much anything. Soooo what I'm getting at with this whole reality thingy is simple.....the kids were gone with their dad for about a week. With that...Jess and I almost start to feel like we're in a fairytale of our own. No juice to poor, tantrums to tame, school lunches to pack...fights to break up...nope, none of that. Just Jess and I.....chillin, relaxin...whatever...but thats the thing, can you get too used to that? It's so peaceful...so blissful...not that I'd change having my children for a second, and even Jess mentioned a few times that he missed the kids, and even the loud brain shattering commotion....ahhhh well...I can do without all that crap...but I was really glad to get the kids back after a week....but in all honesty, I could handle 2 weeks.....but I dont think my daughter could....Cyd was totally ready to come home....mommy time. Funny thing is...it must just be the comfort of home, because the proposed mommy time didn't last long when her friends in our building got wind she was home and POOF, she was gone. Now, if roles were reversed and my friend came to the door and I took off...OMG could you imagine the crap that would've went on. But no, she went out...so it's all good right? Man the selfishness mode of almost 11 year olds. Meh, I just let it slide....but it's back to the reality for sure. Jess on the computer...alienware i might add...so that makes it ok...lol...Logan on his DSI, that his dad re-bought since it was only right considering he lost his other one....hmmm 200 dollar dent in his dad wallet shouldn't matter right? The main thing is that he has an electronic babysitter....not such a bad idea sometimes...i'd hate to admit it...but hey! So regardless of what reality is right for each person, I truly believe its beneficial for everyone to have a little bit of fairytale somewhere. Whether its going to the movies....soaking in a hot bubble bath....ready a good book....whatever it is...if it helps you escape from your chaos for just a little bit.....take it....you need it....it's not until the kids started going with their dad that I realized that I actually do enjoy my me time....I'll take it....

No comments:

Post a Comment