Friday, March 5, 2010

Got Hormones?

Okay....getting this blog together is starting to consume my mornings....lol....everytime I think I have something I like...I can't get it to upload properly...or I lose it somewhere along the line.....ahhh well....I'm learning along the way I suppose. There are so many cool blogs out there....I"ve just been stumbling across them through my journey of finding cool blog things.....some very inspirational....some absolutely funny, and fun.....some are just wickedly cool! I suppose having some type of graphic & web design talent under your belt would really send you in the right direction....but I"m finding my way so far. It's pretty blonde proof....just a lot of copying and pasting....not hard work. So....today is Friday....TGIF as my daughter said this morning on her way out the door. It's the one day of the week that I can use to bribe the kids to get going in the morning. Like this morning...."Okay, Logan, get up! You have 20 minutes to eat....c'mon!" It wasn't until I told him...."Hey today is Friday....last day of school for the weekend!" Can you say bolt? He sat straight up in bed...after about 5 or 6 tries of getting him up. ....looked at me with the biggest semi-toothless grin....and put his clothes on in record time. Ahhhh.....good old bribery....I've even used the TGIF as an upper hand for myself with the kids....like..."Okay guys....today is Friday...stop fighting or you're going to be grounded over your weekend!" Funny how that works....if I was to ground them over the weekdays, they'd look at me like WHATEVER! Weekdays are boring anyway mom!!! It still amazes me how early kids learn to negotiate.....or how young we start to negotiate with them to get them to do things. What ever happened to the days where kids just listened? You didn't need to raise your voice, or throw out those idle threats.....they were so much more behaved....no? Everything now is instant gratification....fast, fast, faster! Technology has made everyone so lazy, that if things aren't booted, or downloaded, or dinging in two seconds, we loose our shit.....wth? Of course our kids are seeing this all the time...in the car....the computer.....tv...everything. So we're raising little adults to have absolutely NO patience.....if we could just slow things down and take deep breaths....teach our kids that sometimes things take time.....but I know I for one would have quite the task in doing so.....maybe baby steps? I know one thing though, I definately need to get a stronger back bone with discipline. I'm such a frickin sucker!!! With the new raging hormones my daughter is sporting, I need a new outlook on how to deal with her outbursts and drama queen syndrome....what to do? There are some days that I'm just ready to lose it. I ship her to her room....or to her haven realistically....ipod, tv...dock...books...makeup...ooohhh major punishment there eh?! I remember being the same and I KNOW when she's older she will still love me...regardless of how much she's going to hate me in the next few years...but its still sooooo hard somedays. I have to remind myself that this too shall pass.....it's very easy when you tuck them in one last time at night and they're all snuggled up, wrapped in their blankets....they look so peaceful and serene. Little angels one might say.....lol....I wish I could just bottle their youth....take a sip every once in a while....keep my babies small. I'm soooo not going to do well with the whole empty nest thing......I'll be like big bird on crack...totally strung out....Happy Friday All....



2 comments:

  1. TGIF for sure!!!!! Be firm, stick to your word! (Words I should live by too...I'm such a push over!)
    Your blog is rockin'....nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frick it's hard eh....hormonal little bitches...hehehe...lol...thanx...i've been trying to figure out more things on here...but i'm tired of it now for a bit...lol...

    ReplyDelete